Copy Requests for Land Records Division
Requesting a Copy
There are several ways to request copies of our records from our office:
- In person at the Clerk’s Office during normal office hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. The Deed Room is located on the first floor to the right of the elevator. Copies are 50¢ per page; we accept cash, checks, money orders and credit cards. All credit card transactions will include a 4% surcharge. Certification fee is $2.00 plus the cost of copies for certified copies.
- Buy a 15-minute subscription for $5.20. Available 24/7. Please see EagleWeb for more information.
- By phone as long as:
- the caller has all the information needed to locate the document quickly. All of our records are indexed by name and book/page only. Property address cannot be used to locate records in our database. Callers should know the owner’s name or book/page for the document prior to calling. Approximate date of purchase is also helpful if there are numerous transactions under the owner’s name.
- Payment must be made over the phone by credit card only. Copies are 52¢ per page and copies can be emailed, faxed or mailed. Certified copies must be mailed.
- Copies can be requested at 540-564-3126 or 540-574-4353.
- By mail
- Please provide owner’s name or book/page for the document requested. Approximate date of purchase is also helpful if there are numerous transactions under the owner’s name. You may need to contact our office at 540-564-3126 prior to mailing the request to determine the amount needed for payment. Checks should be made payable to Clerk of Court.
- You can mail a copy request along with payment for copies and a self-addressed stamped envelope to our office at:
Attn: Copy Request
80 Court Square
Harrisonburg, VA 22802