- All markings shall be made with red, traffic grade paint, appropriate for the surface to which it will be applied.
- All curbs located in designated fire lanes shall be indicated by red paint.
- In areas where there is no curb on the outside edge of the fire lane the outside edge shall be indicated by a six-inch wide red strip.
- In areas where these markings can be used in place of signs, curb markings shall be substituted for signs. Curbs markings shall read:
FIRE LANE NO PARKING
(4 inch white letters on 6 inch red painted curb or pavement line marking)
- Spacing of pavement markings shall not exceed 70 feet or 35 feet diagonally when placed on both sides of the access road.