September 20, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
James Madison University (JMU) campus
Presented by: The Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) and the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Metropolitan Planning Organization (HRMPO)
The goal of the 2013 Harrisonburg & Rockingham Bike-Walk Summit is to develop partnerships and to increase coordination between the City, County, and other stakeholders to make our region a great biking and walking community to live in and visit!
The 2013 Harrisonburg & Rockingham Bike-Walk Summit builds on the momentum from last year’s Harrisonburg Action 2020 event, which brought together advocates, planners, and local officials to examine funding possibilities, exchange ideas, and coordinate future priorities for the development of bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure in the Harrisonburg-Rockingham region.
The JMU Bike and Pedestrian Committee and the Office of Community Service-Learning will host the event and will provide breakfast and lunch for all attendees. Attendees are invited to an informal reception to follow the Summit.
Please send any questions you may have to Kevin McDermott at Kevin@cspdc.org, or 540-885-5174.
Goals of the Summit
1. To develop relationships and partnerships between the stakeholders in the bicycle and pedestrian development in the city and county.
2. To coordinate and build on the bicycle and pedestrian efforts between the city, county and other key stakeholders to make our region more bicycle and pedestrian friendly
3. To educate elected officials, planners and decision makers to the community benefits of bicycling and walking.
4. To identify specific actions that are needed to make Harrisonburg and Rockingham County the Bike and Pedestrian Community of Virginia
5. To develop collaborative bike and pedestrian action steps for the coming year.