Copy Requests for Land Records Division
Requesting a Copy
There are several ways to request copies of our records from our office:
- In person at the Clerk’s Office during normal office hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. The Deed Room is located on the first floor to the right of the elevator. Copies are 50¢ per page; we accept cash, checks, money orders and credit cards. All credit card transactions will include a 4% surcharge. Certification fee is $2.00 plus the cost of copies for the entire document being certified.
- Indexes are free. Viewing most images requires a subscription. See a list of images that are free to view here . There is a 15-minute subscription option for $5.20 along with monthly and yearly subscription options. Available 24/7. Please visit Secure Remote Access to create an account and purchase a subscription.
- By phone as long as:
- the caller has all the information needed to locate the document quickly. All of our records are indexed by name and book/page only. Property address cannot be used to locate records in our database. Callers should know the owner’s name or book/page for the document prior to calling. Approximate date of purchase is also helpful if there are numerous transactions under the owner’s name. You use the free indexes available on our Secure Remote Access to search for recording information, if needed.
- Payment must be made over the phone by credit card only. Copies are 52¢ per page and copies can be emailed or mailed. Certified copies must be mailed. Certification is an additional $2 fee.
- Copies can be requested at 540-564-3126.
- By mail
- Please provide owner’s name or book/page for the document requested. Approximate date of purchase is also helpful if there are numerous transactions under the owner’s name. You may need to contact our office at 540-564-3126 prior to mailing the request to determine the amount needed for payment. Checks should be made payable to Clerk of Court.
- You can mail a copy request along with payment for copies and a self-addressed stamped envelope to our office at:
Rockingham County Circuit Court
Attn: Copy Request
80 Court Square
Harrisonburg, VA 22802