Divorce Information & Forms
Obtaining a Divorce
For a "no fault" or uncontested divorce:
- If there are no children from the marriage, you must be separated for a minimum of six months and have a written property settlement agreement before you may file for divorce.
- If there are children from the marriage, you must be separated a minimum of one year before you may file for divorce. If any child or children of the marriage is under the age of 18, both spouses must complete the Families in Transition (FITS) Program.
- Six-Month Separation Divorce form*
- One-Year Separation Divorce form*
- Name Change Pursuant to a Divorce form*
*If PDF is not fillable when opened in browser, please download form and use Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat or other PDF program to complete the form before printing. These forms are also available on a public workstation in the Clerk's Office for completion and printing.
The complaint is submitted along with a VS-4 form. The VS-4 form is available in the Clerk’s Office at the Civil Counter.Note: Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice, restating the law or recommending legal action. Questions regarding interpretation of the law should be directed to an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia.