- The form provided below is a convenience, only for use in the Rockingham County Circuit Court.
- If you choose to represent yourself, it is your responsibility to know the law.
- A fee of $103 is due at the time of filing. We accept cash, checks, money orders and credit cards. There is a 4% surcharge on all credit card transactions.
- The Commonwealth has 21 days to respond to your petition. You should receive an answer in the mail from them within that period. Once you receive the Commonwealth's answer, you will need to come back to the Clerk's office to set your court date.
- You will need to submit a complete set of fingerprints on a form provided by the CCRE to accompany the final order that will be sent to the Central Criminal Records Exchange.
**Petition for Restoration of Firearm Rights**
The form is also available on a public form station in the Clerk's Office for completion. The judge will not accept any petitions that are not legible.
Information required for the petition:
- Full Name
- Street Address
- Mailing Address, if different
- Date of Birth
- Previous charges - charge, date(s) of sentencing and whether or not a firearm was involved
- Restoration date for civil rights
- Governor's name who restored civil rights
- Reason for restoration
- Phone Number