In accordance with § 36-105 of the Code of Virginia, any person aggrieved by the local application of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC), or the refusal to grant modification to the provisions of the USBC, may appeal to the Local Board of Building Code Appeals (LBBCA).
To appeal, a written request must be submitted to the County’s LBBCA within 30 calendar days of receipt of the decision being appealed. Submissions should be directed to the Building Official. For more information, visit Section 119 of the Virginia Construction Code.
The LBBCA consists of five or more members appointed by Rockingham County for two-year terms. Meetings are scheduled when an application for appeal is received by County staff.
Current members include:
- Mike Pugh, Realtor at Old Dominion Realty
- Dwight Walton, Owner of Walton Home Improvements
- John Knepper, Vice President of Trumbo Electric
- James Monger, Owner of R.S. Monger Lumber
- James Delucas, Development Officer at Neilsen Construction