Apply For a Passport
Rockingham County has staff located in the Rockingham County Circuit Court Clerk's Office at 80 Court Square, Harrisonburg, VA 22802 to handle passport applications. Passport applications are accepted Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM*. Appointments are not required.
*You should plan to arrive by 4:00 PM in order to have time to finish the process. Expedited service is offered. Please note that expedited service is an additional fee of $60.
Passport forms are available in the Circuit Court lobby or you can complete the form online and print prior to coming to the office.
What to bring with you:
- Completed Application for a U.S. Passport (DS-11)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Recent Color Photograph - Our office does not take photos on site.
- Application Fee per individual application (amount varies based on document(s) applied for and processing time) - Checks (personal, certified, cashier's and traveler's checks are acceptable, starter checks are not acceptable) and money orders payable to "U.S. Department of State". Credit and debit cards CANNOT be accepted.
- Execution Fee (paid separately) - $35 per application - Can be cash, check, or money order. Checks or money orders can be made payable to Rockingham County.
PROCESSING TIMESPlease note that there are currently significant delays due to the reduced passport operations of the U.S. Department of State due to COVID-19.
View the Current Processing Times